Vision and Principles
Income Security Programs Vision and Principles
Income Security Programs, in combination with developmental opportunities, help Northerners to become self-reliant as individual capacity allows, to participate fully in community life, and to share in the opportunities available to them.
Income Security Programs:
- Encourage self-reliance
- Treat individuals with respect and dignity
- Have clear policies and procedures
- Target benefits to those most in need
Income Security Programs include Income Assistance (IA), NWT Child Benefit/ Territorial Workers’ Supplement (NCB/TWS), NWT Senior Citizen Supplementary Benefit (SCSB), Senior Home Heating Subsidy (SHHS), and Student Financial Assistance (SFA).
For more information about ECE Income Security programs, call 1-866-973-7252 or visit your local ECE Service Centre.
Service Level Commitments
Income Security Programs guarantee we will:
- Provide courteous, quality service and answer all of your questions;
- Treat you with dignity and respect;
- Protect your personal information and correct your personal information if there has been an error or omission;
- Only use your personal information for the purpose of determining program eligibility;
- Welcome a friend, family member, or advocate to come to meetings with you;
- Work with you towards reaching self-reliance;
We will achieve this by:
- Providing a response (verbal or written) to your application within 2 business days of verifying all of your required documents;
- If approved, we will issue payment within the same timeframe;
- Returning your telephone and e-mail messages within 2 business days;
- Assisting you with filing an appeal if you do not agree with a decision; and
- Conducting periodic customer satisfaction surveys to ensure optimum service.