Acts and Regulations
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) encompasses many programs and services needed within a government structure. We are a large Department with an extremely large mandate.
Legislation in the Northwest Territories are laws that are approved by the Legislative Assembly and each GNWT Department is responsible for ensuring programs are in compliance with these laws.
Some of the legislation and acts associated with the Department of ECE include:
- Apprenticeship, Trade and Occupation Certification Act
- Archaeological Sites Act
- Archives Act
- Aurora College Act
- Early Learning and Child Care Act
- Education Act
- Employment Standards Act
- Employment Standards Reciprocating Jurisdictions Order
- Historical Resources Act
- Occupational Training Agreements Act
- Official Languages Act
- Public Library Act
- Scientists Act
- Senior Citizens Benefits Act
- Student Financial Assistance Act
- Social Assistance Act
For a complete list of legislation administered by GNWT Departments and to access the acts and regulations listed above please visit the Department of Justice Legislation page.