The Department of Education, Culture and Employment offers service standards that represent our commitment to provide efficient and effective service. Our service standards are at the core of how we ensure quality work, the decisions we make and the products we deliver.
Timely Service: In-Person
Visit any of our offices and you can expect that:
• Our offices will be open during regular business hours (8:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday).
• You will be served on a first-come, first-served basis, unless you have a previously scheduled appointment.
• You will be seen within 10 minutes for previously booked appointments.
• You will be given an expected wait time or offered an opportunity to schedule an appointment, where appropriate.
Timely Service: By Telephone
Contact any of our offices by telephone and you can expect that:
• Your call will be answered promptly during regular business hours or go to voicemail if we are not immediately available.
• Phone messages will be returned within 2 business days.
Timely Service: Correspondence
Contact any of our offices by email, fax or mail and you can expect that:
• You will receive a response within 2 business days to emails.
• You will receive a response within 5 business days to letters received by fax or mail.
• Your program application will be processed according to individual program guidelines.
When you contact any of our offices, you can expect that:
• You will be welcomed and treated with respect and integrity.
• The GNWT Code of Conduct, as well as other applicable policies and procedures, will be followed.
• All staff will have the skills, knowledge and abilities to provide quality service. We are committed to the ongoing professional development of all of our employees.
Protection of Personal Information
When you work with any of our staff, you can expect that:
• Your personal information is protected by the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, which limits how your information can be collected, used and disclosed.
• You have the right to request records held by ECE. If you would like this information, contact your service centre or program representative.
Contact any of our offices with concerns or questions about our programs and you can expect that:
• You will receive a response within 2 business days.
• Your concern will be resolved as soon as possible.
Additional service standards for these programs are available for download:
Access and Privacy
If you would like your personal information corrected, have concerns about how it is handled or would like to request your records, you can contact the ECE Access and Privacy Coordinator.
Your feedback is important to us and we take our service standards seriously. If you have comments or concerns about our services, please contact us by phone or email.