Early Childhood Development
Early Childhood Development is a priority for the Government of the Northwest Territories, and critically important for the healthy development of all children in the NWT.
Research shows that the ages of 0-5 are the most important in a child’s life. A child’s brain grows most rapidly between birth and age 5, and everyone involved in a child’s life, parents, grandparents, caregivers and anyone else shaping a child’s early development, contributes to this growth.
Early Childhood Program consultant contact information
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment has Early Childhood Program (ECP) consultants in all the regions of the NWT.
Early Childhood Program Consultants can be contacted for a variety of reasons including:
- getting information related to the Early Childhood Program;
- if you're interested in starting your own program (day home or day care);
- to get information on one of the registered programs listed on our website.
- filing a complaint regarding a licensed early learning and child care program.
For contact information for your region, click below.
- South Slave Contact Information
- Sahtu Contact Information
- North Slave Contact Information
- Beaufort Delta Contact Information
- Dehcho Contact Information