Have your say! Francophone Community Satisfaction Survey
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is committed to providing quality French language communications and services to the public. The Francophone Affairs Secretariat is seeking the input of the Francophone community on the GNWT’s capacity to offer and deliver French language communications and services to the public.
- Complete the online Francophone Community Satisfaction Survey.
- Deadline to submit: 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Your participation is greatly appreciated. The survey is voluntary and your answers will remain anonymous. A summary of the results will be made public and used to guide future GNWT French language communications and services.
What is the Francophone Affairs Secretariat?
The Northwest Territories (NWT) is the only jurisdiction in Canada that names nine official Indigenous languages alongside English and French through its Official Languages Act. The Act recognizes that many languages are spoken and used by people of the NWT and the GNWT is committed to providing NWT residents with an opportunity to access information in the language of their choosing.
The Francophone Affairs Secretariat:
- manages Services TNO, the one-stop shop that brings together government services, and information about them, to members of the Francophone community
- liaises with the Francophone community
- provides support to the Minister Responsible for Official Languages at the Ministerial Conference on the Canadian Francophonie
- provides advice and support to GNWT departments and agencies
- develops orientation programs for French Language Service Coordinators
- coordinates French translation services for the GNWT (excluding laws and regulations)
- manages the French chapter of the Canada-NWT Cooperation Agreement for French and Aboriginal Languages in the NWT
The Francophone Affairs Secretariat is made up of an executive director, a planning facilitator, French translators, an administrative assistant, and two French Language Client Service Officers at the Services TNO office.