The Northwest Territories Nominee Program is delivered in partnership between the Government of the Northwest Territories and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The Nominee Program is delivered by two departments. The department of Industry, Tourism and Investment delivers the Business stream. The department of Education, Culture and Employment delivers employer driven streams. The Employer Driven streams help:
- employers secure highly skilled individuals and newcomers to work and live in the Northwest Territories;
- strengthen the economy by attracting qualified people to fill critical labour shortages in the Northwest Territories;
- support territorial employers to fill labour shortages when there are no qualified Canadians available;
- strengthen the Northwest Territories’ ability to enhance the economic benefits of immigration to the territory; and
- nominate eligible foreign nationals for permanent residency in Canada
For information on how to apply to the Employer Driven stream or to get more information about the NWT Nominee Program, visit www.immigratenwt.ca.