Arts Project Grant - Small
The Small Arts Project Grant provides emerging and mid-career artists, craftspeople and small groups with funding for small-scale arts projects (e.g., traditional apparel, paintings).
This grant supports a wide range of arts activities, including creation, production, presentation, training, and career development in the following disciplines:
- Digital art
- Literary arts
- Media arts
- Multidisciplinary art
- Music and sound
- Artistic development
- Theatre arts
- Visual arts and crafts
View a list of expenses (link) covered by this grant.
Not sure what funding is right for you? Use our guide to arts project and operating funding and deadlines to decide.
Follow our six steps to getting arts project and operating funding.
Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 per intake. This funding program has a total annual budget of $150,000 per year.
There are two intake deadlines per year on February 28 and August 31.
Applications for 2024 funding will be released starting December 2023. More information will be available closer to that date.
- This funding is available to emerging and mid-career artists, craftspeople and small groups who have been a resident of the NWT for at least two years prior to the deadline.
How to apply
Staff are happy to help you with your application. For assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-767-9347 ext. 71474.
- Before you apply review the application guidelines. It’s important the guidelines are reviewed before applying.
- Download and complete the application (coming soon).
- Prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline:
- In person by appointment: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm – Contact us at the information below to schedule an appointment in Yellowknife
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Culture and Heritage, Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9