Early Learning and Child Care Engagement
The Government of the Northwest Territories (GNWT) is committed to working collaboratively with the early learning and child care sector to support a system that provides children and families with access to high-quality early learning and child care across the Northwest Territories.
Learn about how we plan to transform early learning and child care in the NWT.
Below is a timeline of some ECE milestones and engagement opportunities.
August 2023: Engagement on Approach to Certification Process, Wage Grid and Funding Mechanism
- The department engaged directly with stakeholder between April to August 2023.
- A What We Heard Report was released to summarize engagement results.
April 2023: Engagement on Child Day Care Regulations
- A What We Heard Report was published in June 2023 summarizing feedback received on the first phase of engagement.
- The department asked for public input on the Child Day Care Regulations in April 2023.
- Amendments to the Early Learning and Child Care Standards Regulations, and new Early Learning and Child Care Funding Regulations came into force on May 1, 2023. Read an overview of the changes.