Early learning and child care scholarship
Early Learning and Child Care Scholarships are awarded to Northwest Territories (NWT) post-secondary students in a full-time accredited post-secondary institution to help with the costs of attending school while completing their diploma or degree in early childhood development.
Applications are not being accepted at this time.
The value of the scholarship is $5,000. There are 30 scholarships available.
The next call for applications will be in September 2022. The deadline to apply is October 15.
- Full-time student attending an accredited diploma or degree program in early childhood development. 1
If you are attending a post-secondary institution that has moved its in-person courses online because of COVID-19, you are still eligible to apply. Please provide proof of the course delivery changes from your post-secondary institution. You are not eligible if you are taking a course that was delivered online prior to the pandemic.
Preference is given to those:
- Enrolled in their first year of study.
- Haven’t received an Early Learning and Child Care (ELCC) scholarship before.
- From a small NWT community (any community other then Hay River, Fort Smith, Fort Simpson, Inuvik, Norman Wells, or Yellowknife).
- Planning on returning to the NWT after graduation to pursue a career in early childhood development.
How to apply
Before you apply download the application.
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline and submit it to the Early Childhood Consultant in your region.
For questions about applying for a scholarship, contact the Early Childhood Consultant in your region from Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.
1 Full-time programs must meet the minimum requirement of at least 60% of a 100% full course load or in the case of a student with a permanent disability, 40% of a 100% full course load.