Early learning and child care scholarship
Early Learning and Child Care Scholarships are awarded to Northwest Territories (NWT) part-time and full-time post-secondary students enrolled in a diploma or degree program in early childhood development to assist with costs associated with pursuing their education.
Part-time students can apply for up to $500 per course, to a maximum of up to $2,500 per school year.
- Full-time students can apply for $5,000 per school year.
The deadline to apply is September 15, 2023.
- Be an NWT resident.
- Be a part-time or full-time student attending an accredited post-secondary institution in-person or online.
- Enrolled in a diploma or degree program with a direct focus in early childhood development.
Preference may be given to those:
- Are enrolled in their first year of study.
- Who have not received an Early Learning and Child Care Scholarship before.
- From a small NWT community (any community other then Hay River, Fort Smith, Fort Simpson, Inuvik, Norman Wells, or Yellowknife).
- Planning on returning to the NWT after graduation to pursue a career in early childhood development.
- Part-time applicants currently working in licensed early learning and child care programs.
How to apply
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline to email@example.com.
Questions about applying for a scholarship can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.