Supporting Child Inclusion and Participation - Proposal Funding
Program changes for 2022-2023
The Supporting Child Inclusion and Participation (SCIP) program has been updated this year to align with feedback receive from previous applicants.
- Applications for Community Program Funding will now only be accepted every two years. Apply now for funding for 2023-24 and 2024-25. The next call for Community Program Funding will take place in winter 2025.
The Supporting Child Inclusion and Participation (SCIP) program supports and promote access to early learning and child care for all children by funding eligible organizations to create community play-based early childhood program and providing supports for children with developmental needs who require enhanced or individual assistance to safely and fully participate in early learning.
Three funding streams are available, each with its own application process.
- Community program funding to create and/or enhance unlicensed play-based early learning opportunities, such as ‘Family & Tot’ groups. Applications for Community Program Funding will now only be accepted every two years. Apply now for funding for 2023-24 and 2024-25. The next call for Community Program Funding will take place in winter 2025.
- Additional staffing funding to hire a staff member to provide support for one child who could not otherwise safely attend programming or community activities (one-to-one support), or to hire a staff member to support multiple children when the ratio does not allow for a safe and effective learning environment (one-to-multiple support). Applications for Additional staffing are accepted yearly.
- Program consultation to hire a consultant to help staff increase their skills and knowledge to better to support children in programs. Applications for Additional staffing are accepted yearly.
SCIP funding is also available for needs that may arise throughout the year through:
- Emerging Needs Funding for licensed centre-based early learning and child care programs
- Inclusion Funding
The total budget available for the SCIP program (which includes Proposal, Inclusion, and Emerging Needs funding) is $1.7 million per year. The amount applicants receive is determined on a per proposal basis and available funding.
The deadline to apply is March 17, 2023 at 5 pm (MST).
- Indigenous governments and organizations, community/municipal governments, non-profit organizations
- Licensed centre-based early learning and child care programs that participate in the Child Care Fee Reduction (CCFR) Subsidy.
How to apply
Note: Applicants may apply for multiple funding streams for multiple projects. You may be successful in some proposals and not others depending on whether your applications meet the criteria and the strength of the other proposals submitted.
- Read the guidelines and download the appropriate form:
- Community Programming Application Form
- Additional Staff to Support Child Participation Application Form - If you are applying for additional staff to support child participation, you all also need the Specialist Recommendation for Support Form
- Program Consultation Application Form
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline to the Early Childhood Consultant in your region or to email@example.com.
Questions about applying for SCIP funding can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.