To order copies of archival materials, please send an email to email@example.com with the item numbers (catalogue number) that you want along with your contact information and an invoice will be sent to you. Use the clipboard function for multiple item orders.
The NWT Archives holds records in trust for the citizens of the Northwest Territories. The NWT Archives expects patrons to demonstrate appropriate respect for both the records and the creators of these historical documents. Such respect includes appropriate crediting of the source, respecting all copyright concerns and acknowledgement of any substantial editing or altering of records.
It is understood that all copies supplied by the NWT Archives are for the purposes of research or private study. It is the responsibility of the recipient for ascertaining and respecting any copyright restrictions that may apply.
The NWT Archives is in no way responsible for any copyright violations. The NWT Archives will, where possible, provide information about the copyright holder; however, the NWT Archives will not obtain permission for usage from third party copyright holders for usage requests.
The NWT Archives requires that the source of the material and its reference number accompanies any copy to ensure proper citation. All images and documents must be credited to their unique NWT Archives collection (e.g.: NWT Archives/Henry Busse/N-1979-052: 1234). Any image displayed on a website maybe no larger than 72 dpi in resolution and the file many not be renamed.
- Prices below do not include GST (federal Goods and Services Tax), which is a 5% surcharge. When paying for orders, note that 5% will be added to the total amount of the order.
- Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Debit (Interac), Cheque or Money Orders but all orders must be pre-paid The NWT Archives is no longer able to accept cash payments.
|Production Fee (Standard Quality/Compressed)||Production Fee (Exhibit Quality/Non-Compressed)|
|Photography||$20.00 (Electronic .JPG)||$40.00 (Electronic .TIF)|
|Sound Recording||$20.00 (Electronic .MP3)||$40.00 (Electronic .WAV)|
|Video Recording||$20.00 (Electronic .MOV)||$40.00 (Electronic .AVI)|
- The reproduction of photographs, sound recordings, and video recordings is subject to production fees. If the NWT Archives is required to conduct additional editing or formatting to fill an order, an additional production fee may apply.
- Photographs are delivered electronically. The standard format for an electronic image is JPEG. The NWT Archives does not supply prints of photographs.
- Sound recordings are delivered electronically. The standard format for sound recordings is MP3.
- Video recordings are typically produced electronically. If the NWT Archives is required to outsource reformatting to fill an order, the client may be required to pay the service provider directly.
- All materials – 15 business days.
- Note: There may be situations beyond the control of the NWT Archives that will cause these timelines to be longer than anticipated.