NWT Library Services Overview
Our role is to provide all residents of the Northwest Territories with quality library services that meets their educational, cultural, informational and recreational needs. We fund and support public community libraries as well as providing books by mail for residents without libraries in their communities.
Public Library Services Provides:
- Assistance to 21 community libraries in the NWT
- Books By Mail for communities without libraries
- Training and support for library staff
- Coordination of library programming such as:
- Canadian Children's Book Week
- TD Summer Reading Club
- Family Literacy Day
- Freedom to Read Week
- Literacy Kits
- NWT library network automated library system for:
Under the direction of the Territorial Librarian, Library Services provides leadership in coordinating public library services throughout the Northwest Territories.
The Northwest Territories Public Library Services is a unit of Education Operations and Development within the Department of Education, Culture and Employment.