Indigenous language revitalization scholarship
Indigenous language revitalization (ILR) scholarships are awarded to Northwest Territories (NWT) students enrolled in certificate, diploma, degree program, or training that supports Indigenous language revitalization.
Find Indigenous language courses and training programs.
Applicants can apply for up to $5,000 per school year. There are 10 scholarships available.
The next call for applications will be in November 2023.
- Be an NWT resident.
- Enrolled in a certificate, diploma, degree program, or other training that supports Indigenous language revitalization.
Preference is given to those:
- Enrolled in programs offered by accredited post-secondary institutions.
- Planning on returning to the NWT after graduation to pursue a career focused on Indigenous language revitalization.
- Who demonstrate a commitment to Indigenous language revitalization.
How to apply
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline to Indigenous_languages@gov.nt.ca.
For questions about applying for a scholarship, email Indigenous_languages@gov.nt.ca.