Concours de vidéos : Les aînés, les jeunes et les langues autochtones
What is the Contest About?
You are invited to create a video on the topic of Indigenous language revitalization. The video must answer the question -- How can Elders and youth work together to revitalize their Indigenous language? Videos will be shown and celebrated at the Indigenous Languages and Education Symposium, February 26 & 27, and on social media, such as Facebook and Instagram, to inspire others to revitalize Indigenous languages through collaboration.
We Love our Languages is the theme of Indigenous Languages Month in February 2019. We know that when our languages are strong our people are strong. For that reason we are asking Elders, aged 50 or older and Youth, ages 13 to 24, to work together to strengthen their Indigenous language.
We encourage creativity – use of comedy, props, puppets, poetry, song, dance, etc. – whatever gets you excited about using your Indigenous language.
How to Enter? It’s easy as 1-2-3
- Fill out the application and consent forms – and submit with your video by midnight on February 14, ,2019
- Use your cell phone, or video camera to make a one to two minutes video with one Elder and one youth answering the following question: How can Elders and youth work together to revitalize their Indigenous language?
Note: If you do not have a phone or video recorder please contact
Jolene McDonald at email@example.com or by phone
at 867-767-9346 x71038 and she can help you locate one in
- Email or DropBox your application and your video – or the link to your video on YouTube or Vimeo – to: firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on February 14, 2019.
- Application, consent forms and video must be submitted by email to: email@example.com , no later than midnight on February 14, 2019
- Each team must include one youth (age 13 – 24) and one Elder (age 50 or older).
- Both Elder and youth must be residents of the Northwest Territories.
- Everyone in the video must sign a consent form, found here.
- Youths under 19 years old, must have parental consent on application.
- Deadline for submission is 11:59 pm MST, Thursday, February 14, 2019.
- Must be written and directed by the participants.
- Video cannot be longer than 2 minutes (120 seconds).
- Must contain one of the NWT’s official Indigenous languages.
- Videos will be judged using the criteria found here.
- There will be seven (7) prizes consisting of opportunity to participate in the Indigenous Languages and Education Symposium in Yellowknife on February 26 & 27, 2019, including airfare (if required), accommodation and meals for both the Elder and the youth (plus guardian if youth younger than 19) of each winning team.