"I am more than ABCs" Campaign
The “I am more than ABCs” campaign was created to:
- bring awareness and understanding to the work of NWT Education Renewal
- connect people to accurate information on Education Renewal so they can learn more
- showcase how important the work of Education Renewal is for many people, who have willingly agreed to be part of the campaign
The statement, "I am more than ABCs" means that while it is critically important to develop strong basics like literacy and math skills, learning is more than just letters and numbers. Wellness, safety, relationship building, strengthening culture, language and identity are all important parts of learning as well. When these elements are nurtured in a school and community, it drives students to explore and grow their learning even further. The campaign makes the link between the past and the future, and explores the meaning of learning that is relevant to a world that is constantly changing.
The campaign celebrates relationships with many education partners. Northerners were photographed from all walks of life, each demonstrating that education is more than a focus on “ABCs” alone.
A variety of campaign resources were developed and distributed to schools and partners throughout the NWT.
- Territorial Resources (2016 rollout)
- Regional Resources (2018 rollout), which includes:
If you would like more information on this campaign, please connect by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to learn more and connect with the growing online community, Education Renewal is on Facebook. Visit the NWT Education Renewal Facebook page.