Apply for arts organization operation funding
Arts Organizations Operating Funding provides funding for ongoing operational support to established arts organizations and large annual events and festivals in the Northwest Territories.
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline is March 31 each year.
Eligibility is restricted to non-profit organizations which are registered and in good standing under The NWT Societies Act and whose headquarters and primary location of operation is in the NWT.
Preference is given, but not limited, to those organizations:
- With a mandate to support and develop northern artists and to present arts activities for northern residents and to the public.
- Which have clearly defined operating objectives to enhance or support the visual, literary, media or performing arts.
- Which have proven success over the past two years in completing and sharing the results of artistic initiatives or events.
- Which have demonstrated support from the individuals and group(s) which they represent.
- Whose annual operating budgets are $30,000 or greater.
- The minimum request for this funding program is $15,000.
- Eligible applicants must submit a proposal in the form outlined in these guidelines.
- Applicants must have written verification of community support for their program objectives.
- Recipients will be required to sign a contribution agreement outlining the specific terms of their award.
- The organization must submit its latest annual report (or an equivalent document), financial statements, and letters of support for the organization’s projects and programs.
- The organization must have a clear mandate to develop and present the arts in the NWT.
- The organization must have demonstrated support from its client community.
- A method of evaluation for measuring the effectiveness of projects and programs should be used by the organization.
- The organization should have proven success in completing and sharing the results of arts projects, events, and initiatives.
- In relation to the organization’s budget, the applicant should be able to prove:
- That its budget is justified.
- That the funding base is diverse with other firm commitments.
- That the organization has some level of volunteer support.
Community Cultural Development Program
Culture and Heritage Division
GNWT Education, Culture and Employment
Box 1320 Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
Phone: (867) 767-9347 x 71474
Fax: (867) 873-0205
Applicants will be notified about the status of their proposal within one month of the deadline date for applications.