Arts Project Fund - Large
The Large Arts Project Fund provides arts organizations with funding for large-scale art projects and events (e.g., festivals, exhibitions, residencies, workshop series).
This funding supports costs such as paying coordinators, northern artists fees, venue and equipment rentals, material and supplies costs, etc. in the following disciplines:
- Digital art
- Literary arts
- Media arts
- Multidisciplinary art
- Music and sound
- Artistic development
- Theatre arts
- Visual arts and crafts
Not sure what funding is right for you? Use our guide to arts project and operating funding and deadlines to decide.
Follow our six steps to getting arts project and operating funding.
Applicants can apply for up to $100,000 per year. This funding program has a total annual budget of $450,000 per year.
There are two intake deadlines per year on January 31 and July 31.
Applications for 2024 funding will be released starting December 2023. More information will be available closer to that date.
- Arts organizations which are registered and in good standing under the NWT Societies Act that have been in existence for at least one year prior to the deadline that provide opportunities for education, creation, and exhibition for the arts and are not receiving funding from either the Medium Arts Project Fund or Arts Operating Fund
- Arts organizations with at least one funded Small Arts Project Grant project completed and reported or a history of activity in the arts sector in the NWT
How to apply
Staff are happy to help you with your application. For assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-767-9347 ext. 71474.
- Before you apply review the application guidelines. It’s important the guidelines are reviewed before applying.
- Download and complete the application (coming soon).
- Prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline:
- In person by appointment: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm – Contact us at the information below to schedule an appointment in Yellowknife
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Culture and Heritage, Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9