Interpreter translator funding
This funding supports the professional development and training of Indigenous languages interpreters and translators in the Northwest Territories (NWT) by helping to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books and materials related to professional development, terminology and computer training.
Find Indigenous language courses and training programs.
Applications can be submitted at any time between August 2022 to March 2023.
Applicants are eligible for up to $1,000 in funding per application. Applicants can submit up to two applications for between August 2022 to March 2023.
Applications must be submitted one month prior to the start date of the course.
- NWT interpreters and translators taking professional development and refresher training, terminology workshops on topics such as health, social services, justice, politics, mining, and the environment, and /or training for computer software such as Microsoft, Zoom, GoTo Meeting, Adobe Acrobat, etc., and smartphones and tablet use.
How to apply
- Download the application. Make sure you are eligible.
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application to:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 1-867-873-0109
ATTN: Interpreter Translators Funding Program, Indigenous Languages and Education Secretariat - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-767-9346 after sending to ensure delivery
- Mail: Interpreter Translators Funding Program, Indigenous Language and Education Secretariat, Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
For questions about applying for interpreter translator funding email email@example.com or phone 867-767-9346.