The Early Childhood Program funding is provided to licensed early childhood programs that offer care for children ranging from birth up to 11 years old. The program helps parents access work and education opportunities by supporting child care programs for children from infancy to six years old, and after-school care for children while providing safe, play-based, learning areas for balanced growth and development during the early, critical years of life.
The Early Childhood Program Operating Subsidy provides funding to licensed early childhood programs to offset ongoing costs connected with running a licensed program. The subsidy is based on actual attendance at the licensed early childhood program.
The Supporting Child Inclusion and Participation program provides high quality early intervention programming for children who are at risk, vulnerable and/or those with identified specific needs. Early learning and child care programs are delivered in a variety of settings in the NWT, including licensing early childhood centres and family day homes.
Regional Early Childhood Consultants help program operators by:
- Navigating the license application process and requirements;
- Conducting annual inspections of licensed early childhood programs;
- Sharing knowledge of child development;
- Modeling best practices in early learning;
- Providing program development knowledge;
- Supporting operators who are eligible for operational expenses funding; and
- Providing resources.
Program Services and Service Standards
- We will return all telephone messages and emails within 2 business days.
Early Childhood Program Operating Subsidy
- We will make payments for the Operating Subsidy in the months of July, October, January and April.
- We will release payments to approved early childhood programs within 2 weeks of receiving and verifying all required documents.
- We will conduct annual inspections prior to the license expiry.