New child care spaces fund
The New Child Care Spaces Fund provides funding to create new licensed early learning and child care programs (licensed programs), helping families access quality, affordable, and inclusive early learning and child care.
This is an application-based fund that assists with the creation of new programs by providing additional start-up funding for the purchase of equipment and supplies, or to licensed programs who wish to re-profile spaces based on community need (e.g., infant to pre-school).
Full-time rates for licensed family day homes
Licensed family day homes are eligible to receive a flat amount based on which zone they are in.
|Zone A||Zone B|
|Family day home||$3,000||$4,500|
Note: Part-time spaces are funded at half the full-time rate.
Full-time rates for centre-based programs
Centre-based programs receive a fixed amount per type of space based on which zone they are in.
|Zone A||Zone B|
|Infant or special needs||$2,500||$4,200|
- Part-time spaces are funded at half the full-time rate.
- Programs located in government-owned buildings, including schools, are funded at 75%.
Applications can be submitted at any time.
- Licensed early learning and child care programs that participate in the Child Care Fee Reduction (CCFR) Subsidy.
How to apply
We recommend you contact the Early Childhood Consultant in your region to discuss your application before you apply.
Before you apply download the application.
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application to the Early Childhood Consultant in your region.
For questions about applying for this funding, contact the Early Childhood Consultant in your region from Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.