Early childhood program cultural resource grant
The Cultural Resource Grant is one-time funding for licensed early learning and child care programs (licensed programs) to purchase materials, resources and community services that create a welcoming, culturally appropriate environment for the children and families attending their program.
This funding can be used to pay Elders for their wisdom, guidance, time and assistance and/or to purchase materials that support culturally responsive play-based learning environments. These materials should be reflective of community cultures, languages and beliefs and may include:
- Books in Indigenous languages and/or written by Indigenous authors.
- Materials to build or sew traditional items.
- Purchasing traditional foods to cook with children.
- Soft toys or manipulatives that represent northern animals.
- Resources to create play-based centres that are reflective of traditional land-based activities.
- Small indoor or outdoor Fort McPherson tent.
- Materials to support outdoor play and learning.
Funding is calculated based the type of licensed program and location (zone).
|Type of program||Zone A||Zone B|
|Licensed centre-based programs||$1,000||$1,300|
|Licensed family day homes||$1,000||$1,300|
The deadline to apply is February 28.
- Licensed early learning and child care programs that participate in the Child Care Fee Reduction (CCFR) Subsidy.
How to apply
We recommend you contact an Early Childhood Consultant to discuss your application before you apply.
Before you apply download the application.
- Complete the application and prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline to the Early Childhood Consultant in your region.
For questions about applying for funding, contact the Early Childhood Consultant in your region from Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm.