NWT Arts Council grants
This program provides grants that support the ongoing development and presentation of creative arts in the visual, literary, media and performing arts in the Northwest Territories (NWT).
Consideration is given to organizations or individuals requesting funds for professional development, artistic work, or public presentation on a project-specific basis only.
This funding program is currently under review as part of the NWT Arts Strategy.
Applicants are eligible for up to $15,000 in funding.
The deadline to apply is March 17, 2023 at 5 pm MST.
- Emerging and established artists who have been a resident of the NWT for two years prior to the deadline.
- Registered NWT organizations with a mandate to enhance the arts.
How to apply
Staff are happy to help you with your application. You can also review our tips for applying and sample applications to help you write your application.
Before you apply review the application guidelines. Make sure you or your organization are eligible.
Apply using the online application.
You will be asked to upload your supporting documents.
Apply using a paper application
Download and complete the application. Prepare your supporting documents.
Submit your completed application before the deadline to:
- In person by appointment: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm – Contact us at the information below to schedule an appointment in Yellowknife
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Culture and Heritage, Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9
For questions about applying for NWT Arts Council grants email email@example.com or phone 867-767-9347 ext. 71474.
- Application tips
- Budget template
- Sample application - Audio recording proposal
- Sample application - Film and media proposal
- Sample application - Mentorship proposal
- Sample application - Multidisciplinary proposal
- Sample application - Performing arts proposal
- Sample application - Visual arts proposal
- Sample application - Writing proposal
See a listing of past grant recipients from 2021-2022 to present.