Arts Operating Fund
The Arts Operating Fund provides funding to arts organizations to support costs for staffing, program administration, and expenses related to operating galleries, makerspaces, and other arts-related infrastructure (e.g., art spaces).
Not sure what funding is right for you? Use our guide to arts project and operating funding and deadlines to decide.
Follow our six steps to getting arts project and operating funding.
Applicants can apply for up to $200,000 per year. This funding program has a total annual budget of $311,000 per year.
There is one intake deadline per year on January 31.
Applications for 2024 funding will be released starting December 2023. More information will be available closer to that date.
This funding is available to arts organization:
- That are registered and in good standing under the NWT Societies Act that have been in existence for at least one year prior to the deadline that provide opportunities for education, creation, and exhibition for the arts
- Whose headquarters and primary location of operation is in the NWT with at least one part-time or full-time staff person
- That are not receiving funding from either the Medium Arts Project Fund or Large Arts Project Fund
- That have delivered and reported on at least two Medium or Large Arts projects in the prior three years, an NWT Arts Council Grant, or equivalent activity
How to apply
Staff are happy to help you with your application. For assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 867-767-9347 ext. 71474.
- Before you apply review the application guidelines. It’s important the guidelines are reviewed before applying and to make sure your organization is eligible.
- Download and complete the application (coming soon).
- Prepare your supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application before the deadline:
- In person by appointment: Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm – Contact us at the information below to schedule an appointment in Yellowknife
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Culture and Heritage, Education, Culture and Employment, Government of the Northwest Territories, P.O. Box 1320, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L9