Student Financial Assistance (SFA)
Welcome to the updated SFA website!
The Department of Education, Culture and Employment (ECE) provides financial assistance to eligible Northwest Territories (NWT) residents to assist with postsecondary education-related expenses.
ECE offers full-time and part-time financial assistance to NWT residents attending accredited, postsecondary institutions and programs through the Student Financial Assistance (SFA) Program.
The purpose of the SFA Program is to help supplement the cost of obtaining a postsecondary education, not to cover all expenses.
Depending on eligibility, SFA may provide postsecondary students with assistance for:
- Basic Grant – Funding for tuition and fees, books and travel costs
- Supplementary Grant or Remissible Loan – Monthly living allowance
- Repayable Loan – Funding for tuition and fees, books, travel and a monthly living allowance
- NWT Grants for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Course Reimbursement - Part-time studies funding up to $500 per course
To find out more about the SFA Program, click on the links below.
- Program Information
- Forms and Applications
- Loan Repayment and Forgiveness
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Third Party Scholarships and Bursaries
- Employment and Internship Opportunities
- Contact Information
‘Like’ us on Facebook for important reminders and updates!